Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Legal?
These Titles are totally legal and they last all your life. You can even change your driving licence, passport, credit cards and bank accounts to show your new effective Title, and you don't have to live in the UK or be a British citizen (We show you the simplest way to do this when you receive the documents). Before offering the Seated Title service the whole process was scrutinised by lawyers specialising in English Common Law relating to names, Titles and Copyright as well as all aspects of Real Estate and Land Law. Please remember, we deal with an official Government agency in these matters and clearly, they (HM Land Registry) would not be party to anything illegal. We can supply Titles to clients all around the World.
See the documents HERE.
What are the Limitations?
1. If you wanted your wife or children to have a Title like yourself, you would need their consent; unless in the case of children they are under 16 years old, you act as the parental guardian and sign on their behalf.
2. These Titles are not to be used to commit Fraud or Mislead with intent to commit any offence, or obtain money by deception. They are for show purposes only; just like you can put personalized number plates on your car legally for show purposes.
How much does it cost?
The cost is just £195 when purchased singularly and £299 where a couple wish to purchase joint Titles, or £995 for "Seated Titles", includes 2 applicants. ( Convert Currency )
What Guarantee is there?
We guarantee you will be able to adopt a Title under present legislation and use such Titles for show purposes, or we will REFUND YOUR MONEY in full
Can I sell the Title?
1. Elite Title - No, it is yours for life and die with you.
2. Seated Title - Yes. However due to the rather complicated legal procedure you may find this difficult if you attempted to do it without legal advice. However we would be happy to represent you in the sale - our current fee being £700 including disbursements.
Can the Title/Land be inherited?
1. Elite Title - No.
2. Seated Title - Yes, the land is "Real Property" and so can be bequeathed as with any other property.
What If I Want To Buy A Title As A Gift?
Just indicate on the application form (or separate email) that is a gift, the Title you require along with the name and address of the recipient and the documents will be sent to you. (Complete as much information as possible!) Don't forget to include YOUR email address, payment details and address!
How long does the process take?
Elite Effective Titles - It takes 5 working days to process, prepare the legal documents and dispatch to you. You also receive a certificate of Title suitable for framing. For an additional fee (£50) we can expedite your documents in 3 working days.
Seated Titles - It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to complete the process due to the additional land registry procedures, however for an additional fee (£100) we can expedite your Title documents within 2 to 3 weeks. The land registry documents will follow when completed. You also receive a certificate of Title suitable for framing.
Can I purchase the Seated Titles "Count and Countess of..."?
Yes, you can have any Titles you like with the land parcel, however 99% of clients require the "classic" Lord and Lady of.... Confirm your chosen Title by separate email please if you want Titles other than Lord and Lady.
I am single, can I just purchase "Lord of my town" as a Seated Title?
Yes, whether male or female you can purchase a single Seated Title (the price is the same). Likewise if you are "Partnered" and do not share the same surname, that is alright too, just make your surnames clear on the application form.
How Do I Pay?
Please make cheques payable to - MBC.
VISA / MASTERCARD / AMEX / JCB / SWITCH / MAESTRO / SOLO and DELTA as this simplifies your purchase (Charged in £stg). See application form for other methods. Your order will be acknowledged on receipt.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
We look forward to receiving your order.
YES PLEASE! I MUST HAVE A TITLE, WHAT NEXT?